This summer has been a busy time for me with lots of exciting exhibits and shows around the Okanagan and Columbia Valley. Here's what I've been up to and where you can find my work this summer and early fall:
- 'Spokes ‘n Words’ at the Pynelogs Gallery in the fun and fabulous mountain town of Invermere, BC. I had several bike-themed pieces on exhibit with wheels, chain, brake pads, gears and other bits and bobs worked on top of a graffiti/grunge background. Some parts actually punctured the canvas to create a 3D effect!
- Discarded Lives: An Obsession With Things’ on show at The Rotary Center for the Arts in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Brilliant brainchild of Gallery Coordinator, Shannon Lester. Let's just say ...doll heads are involved!
- Art Abandonment mini workshop at Gallery 97 in peachy Peachland, BC. Thanks to Jaine Buse for inviting me to add some fun to an opening reception.
- Instructing at the Leap Gallery, a ‘Free Range Mixed Media’ workshop in verdant Vernon BC!
- Coming soon … I'm very excited to be part of the Lake Country ArtWalk 2016 September 10 & 11 for the third year in a row. The theme this year is ‘Art Off The Rails!’ I will be part of this huge art festival. My mini gallery will be filled with big skies, bikes, floral still life with vintage books integrated into the mixed media and more.